So a while ago I said I wanted to comment on some of the names of the students in my classes, and it looks like now is as good a time as any. I have 184 students (at my last count), so I feel like this little tally is at least reasonably representative of some of the popular names for little French kids right now. So:
- Dylan (5) [with 3 in the same class!]
- Hugo (5)
- Théo (4)
- Bryan (4)
- Maxime (3)
- Nicolas (3)
- Tristan (3)
And some interesting ones: Anthelme, Ghislain, Gauthier, Benoît, Maël, Robin and Loïc.
- Camille (5)
- Océane (4)
- Léa (4)
- Laura (4)
- Lola (4)
- Manon (3) [all in the same class!]
- Clara (3)
And the honorable mentions: Amandine, Emeline, Gwendoline, Blandine, Charline, Ludivine, Augustine (are we seeing a pattern here!?!), Mathilde, and Zoë.
There are also a handful of the more stereotypical names: Guillaume, Bastien, Raphaël, Charlotte, Marie, and Chloé.
And that's a little sample of some of my charming students.
Happy weekend!!!
Mathilde!!! What beautiful names...except maybe Blandine? I always loved names and etymology. One of my favorite and most addictive websites is www.behindthename.com. Very good.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this...such a nice way to picture the difference between France and the US where we're used to names like Katie, Mike, Lauren, etc...
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to visualize really little ones named "Blandine" and "Gwendoline..." haha!