A medical visit that went smoothly! Which means I'm officially "official" and have the final sticker in my passport giving me permission to live and work in France. Yay!
When I got my papers saying my appointment was for today, Thanksgiving, I was a little bummed, thinking that wasn't really going to be the best way to spend my I-still-have-to-go-to-school-anyway holiday. But instead it ended up being a nice day: slept in since I didn't have to be at school at 7:45, had a leisurly morning before walking down the street to the first doctor's office, where it quickly became evident that lots of assistants had their appointments today: all the primary teachers from Metz, and a bunch from Nancy (the other big city in the région), as well as others from small towns all over the region. We got to wait around together, chat and talk about how this was certainly not a typical way to spend our Thanksgiving morning! We schlepped over to another office in small groups after our x-rays were done, and a bit after noon, most of us were done. It was off to school for me, where I ate a quick lunch, taught two more Thanksgiving lessons and then came home. I could get used to abbreviated days like this!
So to all of you celebrating "traditionally," have an extra scoop of mashed potatoes, another bite of stuffing and certainly a second piece of pumpkin pie for me! I have to wait until Saturday for all those wonderful things, when we have our assistants' Thanksgiving dinner.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Salut toi! If you continue talking so much about food like that, your going to turn into a frog for sure!!!
ReplyDeletelol, bonne journée