For a whole two days now it's been sunny, warm, and blue skies abound! It's a great relief from the soggy grey-ness we were getting so used to. (And hey, it gets my kids to practice some different weather vocabulary than rainy, cold, cloudy!) So of course, I took a walk:
Saint-Eucaire, built from the 7th - 12th centuries
Encroyable! Or however you say it. But really, lovely! As always, I wish I were there in the land of milk and cheese, and not awaiting my slow death by blizzard in New Hampsha. I have to tell you both how glad I am that you understand what I mean when I describe the NE mindset, and also that you should still read Moll Flanders anyway, because it makes for much hilarity. Especially when she discovers she's been married to and boinking her brother for a bit. Incest: Here for Your Amusement since Oedipus!
ReplyDelete...Anyway, I definitely owe you a postcard or five. You can blame my loopiness on my constant laughing at all the crazy people I meet in the bookstore. Yesterday there was a man with an excellently curled, waxed mustache.