Saturday, November 7, 2009

Outside My Window

This idea is shamelessly stolen from Fran, but is a neat way to see the time passing. I've been in Metz for a bit over a month, and during that time caught the tail end of summer, passed into crisp New-England-style fall, and now are well on our way toward winter with chilly, windy and rainy days and downright cold nights. (I think my students are going to get sick of the daily weather report pretty quickly: "Today is cold, cloudy and windy." Not much variation.)

September 29, 2009
The ivy was still greenish!

October 6, 2009
October 13, 2009
This was a really sunny, warm day.

November 4, 2009
I came back from vacation and this is what I saw! No more festive red vines, but the tree on the left is a beautiful golden yellow.

2 comments:

  1. Good observation... Nice to have 4 seasons in a year. In Malaysia, we don't have seasons.. It's sun and rain all year round.. Everything is green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol it's like coming back from holiday and realizing you forgot to water your plant and it died haha all the leaves are just gone!

    ReplyDelete