Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Since it had been a while since I had taken an "outside my window" picture, and since it was such a bright and sunny afternoon yesterday, I decided it was a perfect time for such a snapshot:

Outside My Window: December 18

So what to my wondering eyes should appear, upon crawling out of bed this morning, on my first day of vacation, when I threw open the shutters and drew up the sash, to find this outside my window:

Outside My Window: December 19: SNOW!!!
snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow snow SNOW!

Inner courtyard with lots (relatively speaking, of course!) of snow!

Courtyard statues, looking a bit chillier than usual

Lavender and geraniums wondering what in the world is going on!

Rue Taison: sunny, snowy and crisp

Morning sun hitting the snowy roofs

I was extremely thankful for my rubber boots, not just for keeping my feet dry and warm (thank you sheepskin liners!), but also for keeping my feet firmly planted on the slushy and slick cobblestones. I was able to stride past the little old men grumbling and swearing under their breaths as they slowly made their way down the street, and past the women complaining and tsk tsk-ing as their pretty high-heeled boots skated across the cobbles in the salty mess of Centre Ville.

1 comment: