Sunday, December 13, 2009

General Update

Hello all!

I feel like I need to just briefly check in and assure everyone that reads that yes, I am still alive and well! Last week was insane with end-of-trimester evaluations (written, comprehension and oral), grades and report cards. But it all went reasonably well, thankfully!

I've just updated with the overdue entry about Saint Nicolas Day from last weekend, and hopefully I'll be able to get pictures up from my festive weekend this weekend: an assistants' Christmas party, a day trip to Alsace for Christmas markets and medieval festivities and some (short-lived, but hugely exciting) SNOW!

Now, I realize that all of you in Vermont and the rest of the northeast have had snow for a while now, but since early last week, the weather was predicting a slight chance of flurries for this weekend. When both Friday and Saturday passed without a single flake, I was a bit disappointed, but this morning , sure enough, they started to fall! Now, none of it lasted for very long, but it made for a very festive and pretty start to our drive this morning.

And it looks like, while more snow isn't in the forecast, we're heading into "real" winter weather here. The local weather site I read has characterized this coming week as une semaine sans dégel - a week without thawing. Tomorrow, in particular, is being described as "more or less cloudy - becoming colder and drier - appreciable wind yields biting cold!" And at a predicted high of -2 C, tomorrow looks like it's going to be the warmest day all week!

Welcome to winter in Lorraine!

No comments:

Post a Comment