I know I'm a couple of days early, but I just wanted to make sure I got the chance to say it before I hop on a train tomorrow morning and don't get to blog for a week. I'm heading first to Strasbourg, for two days of visiting the beautiful city. Then I'll be catching another train to Paris, where I'll stay for several days, visiting friends and revisiting the "City of Lights." I'm hugely excited about going back to my favorite book store, eating a crêpe near Gare St-Lazare and walking along the Seine. Then, next Sunday I take the train south, to Vienne, just outside of Lyon, to visit more friends/family. I'll be returning to Metz on Tuesday night, and will be back in the classroom on Thursday.
(PS: I saw two of my students in town today. It was really weird! The high school assistants generally see their students around, just hanging out, pretty frequently, but I certainly didn't expect to see two of my 4th-graders! But hey, I like that Metz is small enough that I "run into" people I know - even if I did look the other way and hope the kids didn't see me!)
And for a little reading pleasure, and one comic take on Halloween in France, this Peter Mayle article is great. Thanks Fran!
Have a nice time! (Fait attention à toi)
ReplyDeleteKappes, Sure is fun to follow your adventures. Love the photos of food!!
ReplyDelete--Richard Esteb