Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cheese Report, Second Edition

Yesterday was another day of orientation, this time geared toward pedagogical information for us, since most of us have never taught before. It was quite useful, and we each went home with packets and a disc full of sample lesson plans, games, activities, songs and other things we can use with our students. It was also a really nice oportunity to chat with the other 7 assistants (one more joined our group, Shane, from Jamaica) and see what their first day(s) teaching had been like, what they tried, what worked and what didn't.

I spent a good chunk of time this afternoon sorting through my notes, hand-outs and packets of information, and then finally lesson planning for my six classes on Monday. I have flashcards ready, a map, and lists of questions. I've decided I'm going to really challenge my CM2s (5th grade) so hopefully they won't have enough time to fool around. And, *gasp* I'm going to give them homework! Our instructor suggested we give homework to further reinforce the notion that yes, we are real teachers.


My new cheese from the market today is a Chevre de Lorraine. It is light to the point of airy, creamy, and more mild than any chevre I've ever tasted. It's positively delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment