Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Metz holds the title of being an official ville fleurie

Island in the Moselle


Temple Neuf, a protestant chuch


L'Opéra-Théâtre


A nearly hidden bateau


Les cygnes reminded me of Make Way for Ducklings


I took a bike ride along a little path that follows what's left of the old, protective enceinte around the city.


It was just beautiful!


Towers, like the Tour des Esprits, date from the 14th century. Legend has it that witches congregated in the Tower of Spirits.
(the pictures should all be click-able to see them larger! enjoy!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS you're living the life. It looks so beautiful, especially at this time of year! I took a stroll down Broadway yesterday and you could tell that autumn has arrived...the light has that special quality to it. Keep those stories and pictures coming, I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the Opera house there is less difficult to gain entry to than Palais Garnier ;)

    ReplyDelete