So there's good new and bad news.Bad news : I have a really terrible concept of weight. As in, "your luggage is limited to 50lbs."
Good news: I was overestimating the weight of my suitcases, and in reality (at least the reality as perceived by the slightly wonky bathroom scale that we dug out of the garage), I'm pretty much right on, as far as luggage goes. One suitcase is a bit under 50lbs, and the other is bit over. So I'll still have to pay for extra weight, but it's not nearly as bad a situation as I was anticipating!
And more news: I got my official school assignments today. I'll be teaching the majority of my time (9hrs/wk) in Ecole Elémentaire Peupion in the near suburb of Metz called Montigny-lès-Metz. My secondary assignment (3hr/wk) is at Ecole Elémentaire Saint Exupéry, just a few blocks away from my primary school, also in Montigny-lès-Metz. The schools look to be about a 15 minute bus ride from the center of Metz, which is totally reasonable for a commute, in my opinion! And I'll have to see what the feasability of biking to the schools is. Hopefully that'll be an option.
Leaving on Sunday!
Have a nice trip! Metz is a beautiful little town. If you need guidance or help with the french culture, do not hesitate to ask me...
ReplyDeleteBon courage!
ooh Saint Exupéry! lol as in Antoine de? ;)
ReplyDeleteomg! you leave today!! :O well have a nice trip! and maybe you can put some extra weight from one suitcase to the other to balance it out :)
Hey! an assistant in Nancy here, we're friends on facebook :). I hope your weigh-in went well-- mine claims to be 30, but this happens every time and by the time i finish putting every last bit in there, it's up to 49.2! Maybe I'll see you around- have fun!
ReplyDelete