Today makes it one month since I came back to Metz for my second year here. It's amazing how quickly this first month has flown by. The first two weeks seemed eternally slow, and I was very impatient for things to get started for real, but the last two weeks have been a complete blur. But busy is good too; there's ritual, rhythm, things to look forward to every week from dance on Wednesdays, to conversation lessons on Mondays, to long but fun days at school. And of course quiet, culinary weekends.
This first month has seen the definitive shift from lingering summer to brisk autumn. I catch the bus in the dark in the morning, and hope for a few rays of afternoon sun coming into my classroom. I remember to always keep my umbrella in my bag, because one never knows when a downpour will strike. Yet despite the encroaching perpetual gray of winter, the city's flower boxes are still brightly flourishing on the bridges over and along the boardwalk along the Moselle.
Two days left of classes before the Toussaint break, and it's time to break out the Halloween lesson plans!
No comments:
Post a Comment