Friday, October 8, 2010

The Name Game

I've now taught two days, and have seen all my students once. Like last year, I find the names of my students worth blogging about. Some of last year's trends are still holding true - especially since I have the vast majority of the same students, but there are some other commonalities as well as differences of note in this batch.

Les garçons
- Théo (5)
- Yoann (4)
- Hugo (3)
- Maxime (3)
- Mohamed (3)
- Nicolas (3)

Then some "typical" French names: Jean-Michel, Jean-Guy, Antoine, Bastien, Raphaël
And the American influence: Dylan, Bryan, Jonathan, Kévin, Jérémy
And the Y trio: Yoann, Yann, Yannis

***

Les filles
- Camille (4)
- Laura (3)
- Léa (3)
- Lisa (3) + Elisa (1)
- Manon (3)
- Sarah (3)

The "ine" trend: Amandine, Angéline, Augustine, Capucine, Catherine, Céline, Charline, Divine, Ludivine, Marine!
More American influence: Jéssica, Kimberley, Mélissa, Morgane [pronounced as 'Morgan' in English, but it needs the final e for the French pronunciation], Natacha
The C trio, who I constantly called by the wrong names last year: Céline, Célia, Cécilia

1 comment: