I got in to Metz yesterday around 1pm after many hours of travel, which, fortunately, went quite smoothly. I was met at the train station by my new landlord and brought to my new apartment, which I share with 2 other young women. It's a great place, but I'll share more about that when I have some photos in a day or so.
Today I happily walked all over Metz, running little errands and just getting reacquainted with "my" city. It's almost like I never left, except I like everything I see and everywhere I go just a little bit more since I've been gone.
The Opéra-Théâtre and the Cathédrale look particularly spectacular in the late summer sunshine.
I'm pretty much free for the next week+ since our first orientation for teaching doesn't start until the 1st of October, and as long as the sun and beautiful sights hold, I don't think I'll be lacking things to do! Plus, dance starts tomorrow and I'm excited to get back and see everyone from last year. And, hopefully I'll be meeting some of the new assistants soon!
Profite bien du soleil, car cela ne va pas durer...:(
ReplyDelete