Sunday, September 26, 2010

En colocation

Well the mystery housemate came home last night, so now I can officially say that I am living with 2 others, en colocation, or renting an apartment together.

Housemate #1 (purely by the fact that I met her first): Irene. Irene is a student from Argentina, studying at the ENIM (Ecole nationale d'ingénieurs de Metz), the best engineering school in France - or so I've been told. She's just starting her 5th year, and thus completing her Master's, and has been in Metz since January. She just moved to our apartment at the beginning of September.

Housemate #2: Vanessa. Vanessa hails from Champagne-Ardennes, the région between Lorraine (where Metz is) and l'Ile-de-France (where Paris is). She's lived in the apartment for nearly 5 years now, and commutes to Luxembourg every day, where she works. Her "disappearance" was due to the fact that she was on vacation in southern France with a friend for the week.

Last night was great: we had a nice apéro with some tapenade Vanessa brought back from the south, fresh bread and some wine; we sat around, chatting, getting to know each other some more; and finally joined some of Irene's ENIM friends at a café/bar about 1 minute's walk from the appart.

Granted, I haven't started teaching yet, nor have I met most of the arriving assistants, but this whole speaking-more-French-than-English thing is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment