Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Weekend!

This week both the Centre Pompidou-Metz and I celebrated birthdays. I had a nice little party with friends on Friday night, eating my classic carrot cake and sharing some good champagne. Saturday night we joined the throngs of people all over France taking part in the Nuit des Musées, where museums and other sites of interest (cathedrals, etc) are open, free to the public, until the wee hours.

At the CPM, we went to first to see the newest expo: Daniel Buren's installation pieces "Échos." Very cool, in my opinion. (I had had a private guided tour last weekend with a friend of mine who is also a tour guide at the CPM, so it was great to have some inside scoop!) There were lots of people, but not so many that it was unpleasant. There's also something to be said for being in a crowd of people enjoying a museum visit at 10pm! I saw 3 of my students there, and the other assistants I was with also saw students and colleagues. It was clearly *the* place to be!

Daniel Buren "Échos"

Nicola, Emily and Vanessa being silly in the Cabanes éclatées, Exploded Cabins

à l'infinie...

I ♥ the CPM!

qu'est-ce que c'est jolie!

No comments:

Post a Comment