Monday, February 28, 2011

En vacances!

Sunny street

Today is the first day of our two-week winter holidays, and we were lucky enough to have a nice, sunny day. Plus, with no rain in the week's forecast, it looks like the perfect time to be hanging around in Metz!

In a fortunate combination of me not getting my act together early enough, plus a deliberate choice to give myself some restful vacation time, I'm staying put in Metz until mid-next week, when I'll go to Paris to visit friends there. I had slightly mixed feelings about not travelling during this holiday, but ultimately, I'm thankful for this quiet time in my city. Plus, with some friends still around, and always lots to do and see, I couldn't possibly get bored.

And with the predicted sunshine (and utter lack of recent blogging!), I thought I'd give myself the goal of taking and posting a photo each day, to document a bit of my vacances tranquilles, and hopefully ensoleillées. So for enstallment number 1, we have my sunny street today, with the recently-planted flower bed outside my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment