Friday, December 24, 2010

Marchés de Noël

'Tis the season for the Christmas Market! Since my dad arrived last weekend, we've been spending days alternating between visiting the sites of Metz, and taking easy day trips to Trier, Germany; Luxembourg; and Strasbourg, France.

Each city is know, in a way, for their spectacular Christmas Markets that appear at the end of November and last through the Christmas season. A Germanic tradition, it makes sense that these cities are the "go-to" places for Christmas Markets. And "go-to" they do! World-wide, Strasbourg has the most well-known markets, but in the area, everyone goes to Trier too. I think I heard more English being spoken in Strasbourg than even French!

Marché de Noël, Trier

Trier

cooking Flammenküchen

Trier

Trier under snowfall

Trier

Strasbourg

Strasbourg

I have *lots* of photos of all the festive sights: from St Nicolas Day, to the Illuminated Walk, to snowy days in Metz, to the Markets in Trier and Strasbourg. Go HERE to look at all of them!

Joyeux Noël et Bonne Fêtes, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment