I like visitors. They're nice.
It's nice to be able to welcome someone into my little studio for a dinner, for a day or for several days. It's nice to plan fun meals, to cook for someone else, and to chat and laugh just because we have the time to do so.
Whether it's having Elli for a pay-back thanks-for-sharing-cleaning-supplies dinner; Eva for an all-too-short Sunday visit; or Sarah for a mid-week we-haven't-seen-each-other-since-October! two days of fun, it's wonderful to see friends in a different way than hanging out in a big group.
There is always much chatting, story-sharing, laughter and usually good food is involved! Elli and I had a big America vs. Austrialian English clothing vocabulary lesson and then studied a map of the States over a dinner of stir-fried veggies and pork. Eva and I visited Metz in the rain and explored the FRAC (Contemporary Art Musuem), interspersed with carrot/ginger soup, an obligatory cheese course, and fun desserts. Sarah and I talked, drank wine, cooked went to the movies, hung out with other assistants and enjoyed a mid-week sort of weekend.
What a perfect series of ways to wrap up a variously cold, snowy, wet and dreary January. It's February now, and one (short!) week of school separates me (and all the other excitedly-count-down-ing assistants!) from two weeks without snotty, pouty, rude and crazy kids! Vive les vacances!
Tu oublies de dire que tu es une hôtesse très agréable! Mais bon, on est là pour te le dire. Merci encore pour cette pause messine (j'ai cherché le nom) fort sympathique. A bientôt.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way...one day I'll get to you wherever you are! xoxo
ReplyDelete