Monday, January 30, 2012

I Keep Lists

Like the entry title says, and like probably everyone who knows me in person can attest, I keep lists. I keep lists of lots of things. Books to read. Books I've read. Recipes to try. Movies to see. People to write (back!) to.

I also keep a list - in the form of a map - of all the départements I've visited in France. (I have one of the régions too, but it makes it look like I've seen a lot more of France than I actually have. But for the numbers, I've been to 14 out of the 22 regions.) After this last Loire Valley trip, my count is now up to 35 of the 96 (yes, I know the numbers only go to 95, but Corsica has an A and B!) départements. I'd say that's not too bad for being in my 4th year here, traveling on a modest budget and only during school vacations.

Here's my map:

Next on my list of places I want to visit in France: the North (Lille area), and Bretagne. And I certainly wouldn't mind filling in that little gap in the southeastern corner on the Mediterranean and heading toward the Alps.

1 comment:

  1. Having tracked all of your adventures over the last couple of years I could have sworn you'd been to so many more places! It always seems like you are visiting some other cool site. It just means you've got more to explore. :-)

    ReplyDelete