Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summertime

It's been a little while since I last updated, and it will be quite a while before I update again.

I returned home to VT two weeks ago, after a whirlwind week packing up and storing everything I had in France. After a quick turn around of 2 days at home, I left again.

I'm now at Middlebury College, where I'm starting my Master's at their Ecole Française. The summer term is a highly intensive six weeks (one down, five to go!) of classes, lectures, activities and fun. So far, so good. My courses are interesting and the professors are excellent. The other students are incredibly motivated and dedicated, which makes Middlebury's famous "language pledge" easy to follow. According to the pledge that we all signed the first day, we all agreed to speak, read, write, and listen to only French while here. It's a challenge everyone readily embraces and hasn't really caused any problems so far!

So, when my six weeks are up, I head home for a short two weeks before jetting off, back to France, where I'll start my new student life in Paris.

Here's 'til September - happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. Will you be coming back to Metz?? Passe de bonnes vacances!

    ReplyDelete